After lifelong upsizing and collecting stuff, there comes an occasion when we face downsizing. Overwhelmed by the project? How do you decide what stays and what goes? It’s best to adopt a process and start using a pattern. Feng Shui concerns the rescue with several such systems. One is the action pattern on the five elements, also known as the five dynamics, water, wood, fire, earth and metal.
• As you contemplate your approach, let your thoughts germinate inside a crystal bowl of clear water.
• Then, use a fountain and use the action of flowing water to produce your next move.
• Use plants for wood energy to assist with decision-making and suppleness. Upward growing plants are greater than droopy plants. Flowering plants or bouquets symbolize the blossoming of future accomplishments.
• If a huge mess of unwanted stuff piles up, you can visualize a bon fire and observe it all climb in flames. Celebrate using a toast to minimalism! Since fire energy gives joy and charisma, wear a red shirt, burn a candle and work beneath a bright light to illuminate assembling your shed as well as your mental acuity.
• Earth energy will help with stabilizing emotions that surface with memory-laden objects. Donations are nurturing and community oriented. Selling collectibles in garage or estate sales are neighborhood events and draw people together.
• Metal would be the final, consolidating and contracting energy. Metal will allow you to focus and are proud of your downsizing efforts by closing the chapter of excess and lightening the duty of possessions. Create your own protocol and adhere to your organizing principles.
Still Overwhelmed? Try additional patterns. Feng Shui recommends engaging the many senses:
• For visual satisfaction, create to-do-lists that one could checkmark because you go. Use colorful notepads or markers.
• Play uplifting music and pay attention to your favorite tunes. You could do a sing-a-long because you sort your CDs or old audio tapes.
• For olfactory stimulation essential oils have a wide array of beneficial fragrances; try rosemary for clarity of mind, wild orange and other citrus oils to enhance your energy level, lemon for cleansing, eucalyptus for breathing, geranium for decision-making, and others for multiple benefits.
• Your palette will awaken in case you put a drop of peppermint oil right into a glass of water.
• Your a feeling of touch can be a useful sorting tool in case you touch each item and enquire of yourself, do I want to buy? Do I find it irresistible? Is it a yes, or perhaps a no, or even a maybe?
File drawers and boxes with papers are roughest and time intensive to sort and organize. We like to utilize categories and discover that the feng shui bagua pays to in creating separate units for belongs together. The eight or nine units from the bagua will accommodate many methods from family and community to business and financial records. If you plan autobiographical writing, keep all related materials within the legacy category. Important cards and letters may be bundled and saved in the relationship box. Label boxes carefully on the exterior to know contents instantly. Arrange them inside a bagua pattern with immediate “Now” because most accessible and “Future” boxes from the far corner. Your brain will reward you with comfortable access and a readily accessible memory pattern.